The June HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2012.06.0(B) had a 4.1.402.8 firmware version so it looks like it only had a lifespan of a month and has now been superseded by 4.1.402.20.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the HP VMware Recipe for June has been updated http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/recipes/June2012VMwareRecipe1.0.pdf
The installation is as before and requires you to boot off an .ISO and update manually. (I have a dream that one day…)
Before June the firmware version recommended was 4.0.493. I can’t tell what the enhancements are between 4.1.402.8 and 4.1.402.20 as the release notes for 4.1.402.20 only list the resolved issues from 4.0.493.
- Increased RSS queues for Rhel drivers.
- Fixed W2K8 graceful shutdown on NC552 adapter.
- iSCSI not working when priority fields are used.
- 554FLR-SFP adapter, FCoE Path Multipath Recovery Failure, SLES11 SP1 x64
- FCoE port sometimes doesn’t login after VC module failover, w2k3
- Fix support for TEMP_DEAD and ALOM_FAN_ON_AUX on Gen 8 servers
- Correction to OCSD to prevent DMA conflicts with LPFC driver
- NC553i adapter using wrong IP for gateway during Tftp
- BE2/BE3 based adapters, PXE Hang
- BL465cG7 PXE boot stops and is not coming up in RDP
- SCSI SAN boot fails when DHCP Vendor Id is used for BL420cG8
- Smart Array shows EBDA Error when ELX iSCSI Boot LUN configured
- Dynamic link update is not working with NIC UEFI driver
- When updating HP CN1000e and NC550SFP products, use either the OneConnect-flash.iso or the Elxflash Offline tools. Either method will update the ILO image for the Network Communications Services Interface (NCSI) side band support. This procedure requires a power cycle after flashing. This tip does not apply to network cards that are version 4.0.360.15 or later.
- Before you update your host drivers, update your firmware using the available online tools.
I’ve updated my post: HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 & VMware ESX(i) pre-requisites