HP has updated its ESXi customised images to reflect the recent release of ESXi 5.5 as well as its September 2013 Service Pack for Proliant.
HP’s customised images are fully integrated sets of specific drivers and software that are tested to work together. You can see the list of Driver Versions in HP supplied VMware ESX/ESXi images.
I have done an extensive update of my HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 & VMware ESX(i) pre-requisites post which includes these new customised images.
HP Custom Image for VMware ESXi 5.5.0 GA – September 2013:
HP Custom Image for VMware ESXi 5.1 Update 1 – September 2013:
The new and updated features for the HP vSphere 5.5 /5.1 customised Images for September 2013 include:
- Provider Features
- Report Smart array driver name and version.
- Report SAS driver name and version.
- Report SCSI driver name and version
- Report Firmware version of ‘System Programmable Logic Device’.
- Report SPS/ME firmware.
- Added SCSI HBA Provider.
- Report IdentityInfoType and IdentityInfoValue for PowerControllerFirmware class.
- IPv6 support for OA and iLO.
- Report Memory DIMM part number for HP Smart Memory.
- Added new ‘Test SNMP Trap’.
- Updated reporting of memory configuration to align with iLO and health Driver.
- AMS features
- Report running SW processes to HP Insight Remote Support.
- Report vSphere 5.5 SNMP agent management IP and enable VMware vSphere 5.5 SNMP
- agent to report iLO4 management IP.
- IML logging for NIC, and SAS traps.
- Limit AMS log file size and support log redirection as defined by the ESXi host parameter:
- Utilities features
- HPTESTEVENT – New utility to generate test WBEM indication and test SNMP trap.
- HPSSACLI – New utility to replace hpacucli
- HPONCFG – HPONCFG utility, displays the Server Serial Number along with the Server Name when using hponcfg –g switch, to extract the Host System Information.