NetApp releases its Virtual Storage Console (VSC) PowerShell Toolkit 1.0
NetApp has extended its PowerShell management to its virtual center plug-in, the Virtual Storage Console. The toolkit can be downladed from here.
NetApp currently has a PowerShell toolkit called DataONTAP for managing its controllers but this new toolkit has been developed to manage the VSC directly.
As this is a 1.0 release not all VSC functionality is available. Currently it can do the Provisioning & Cloning operations of VSC such as creating and deleting datastores and starting a rapid VSC clone and redeploy. Also included is the new ability in VSC 4.1 to do a vCloud Director vApp clone.
Going forward NetApp are working on exposing more of the VSC functionality through an API which will be available to the toolkit so expect plenty more to come.
This is a great addition from NetApp as it allows you to include the cleverness of the VSC along with your PowerCLI automation in the same scripts.
Here is a list of the available Cmdlets
- Connect-vsc: Connect to the web service hosting the VSC Provisioning and Cloning APIs.
- Get-vscManagedObjectRef: Get the managed object reference (aka MORef) string for a vCenter object.
- Get-vscVirtualMachine: Get vmSpec objects for all virtual machines that were created based on the virtual machine specified.
- Get-vscVmFileSpec: Get vmFileSpec objects that define a virtual machine clone source.
- Get-VCloudCredentialStatus: Verifies vCloud Director connection status.
- Get-VCloudVCenterCredentialsStatus: Verifies vCenter(s) connection status information.
- New-vscControllerSpec: Convenience cmdlet to create a controllerSpec object with the ability to prompt for credentials.
- New-vscDatastore: Create a new VMware datastore.
- New-VAppClone: Perform vApp cloning or provisioning operation.
- Remove-vscDatastore: Delete a VMware datastore.
- Remove-VCloudCredentials: Remove vCloud Director credentials.
- Remove-VCloudVCenterCredentials: Remove vCenter credentials.
- Set-vscDatastoreSize: Resize a VMware datastore.
- Set-VCloudCredentials: Set vCloud Director credentials.
- Set-VCloudVCenterCredentials: Set vCenter credentials.
- Start-vscClone: Start a vsc rapid cloning operation.
- Start-vscRedeploy: Start a vsc virtual machine redeploy operation.